Järnforsen means ”Iron rapids” in Swedish. It’s a magnificent part of our National river, Vindel river.
Special stretch (Permits are limited)
- Maximum three (3) fishing permits per day, or a family/group permit.
- Fly fishing only.
- Catch & Release.
- It’s forbidden to use live bait such as worm, maggot, shrimp or substitutes like powerbait.
- No more than two (2) hooks are allowed on lures and flies.
- Rotational fishing applies to all current water. (Don’t stand still on the same spot).
- You are only allowed to fish from land. (Wading allowed).
- The permit is valid between 12:00 – 03:00 o’clock.
(The stretches are resting from fishing and fishermen between 03:00 – 12:00 o’clock every day).
- From 1st September the permit is valid between 06:00 – 00:00 o’clock.
(The stretches are resting from fishing and fishermen between 00:00 – 06:00 o’clock every day).
- The special stretches are open to 14th September, then they close for the season. (Spawning time).
- No trout fishing after September 14th. (Spawning time).
- The fishing permit is only valid with a valid ID. (Identification card).
- The fishing permit must on request be shown to supervisor. (”Fishing police”).
Järnforsen (500 metres)
-Open Sunday-Friday. Saturdays for locals.
Book & Pay permit on VindelRiverFishing.se